Physical Therapy focuses on exercises and activities to improve balance, strength, flexibility, safety, to reduce the risk of falls and maximize functional mobility and independence, which may be necessary after any injury, illness, or surgical procedure.
- Evaluate the need for and train in the use of devices such as walker, cane, and wheelchair.
- Improve the ability to transfer and/or ambulate
- Instruct in a home exercise program.
- Providing modalities to reduce pain such as Ultrasound, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), and cold-laser therapy
- Patient/family/caregiver education.